I appreciate everyone asking about Brandon’s surgery. Everything went well. The doctor said that the ligament was repaired as expected. It had completely torn from the bone. He is now in a splint. On December 31 we go back to the doctor to probably have a cast put on. After that, two weeks later we will determine if he can have therapy. If therapy can happen, it will, if not, he will have to be casted again and wait another two weeks. Originally the doctor said 6-8 weeks and probably eight.
Pray that he can do what the doctor says to do. I know he wants to hurry the process, but we’ve talked to lots of people who have tried to hurry the process only to thwart the healing. There is a chance he can play again this year, but the doctor said that he would not put him at risk and I’m glad for that.
Thanks for your thoughts and concerns.