Is it just me or do you get the sense that we have for a long time thought we’ve had it all figured out. I don’t mean that we admit it like that, but we talk about the church, Bible, worship, Holy Spirit, and that list could go on and on like we don’t have any more to learn about those things.
One of the most freeing things I’ve learned is the concept that I am in a constant state of learning–a continual learning. It’s freeing on several levels.
1. I don’t have to think any more that I have to have the right answer on any given subject. That freedom leads to the next.
2. Since I don’t have to have the right answers, I don’t even believe that having the right answers is the purpose of our being.
3. I can seriously believe that there just might be someone else who can teach me. I don’t have to always be teaching, but I have to be ever learning.
4. Since I’m continually learning, there might be some new things for me to see. Since that has become a reality for me, I’ve begun to see some new things. It’s almost like opening up to the Spirit’s leading has given new insight to what God is doing in the world.
5. Jesus went to where the people who needed him were. He looked for opportunities to serve them and therefore save them.
I am looking forward to what God has in store. I pray for Him to continue to reveal to me my place in the story.